Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Double Mountains


I live in what is known as the Rolling Plains of West Texas. I was born and raised below the Llano Estacado or as it is known 'The Caprock'. Above the Caprock on 'The High Plains', the land is flat but below The Caprock the land gently rolls and is filled with canyons and mesquite and cactus. There is not much in the way of elevation but The Double Mountains stand out from miles away. I remember well my first sight of them as a small child and thinking how grand and magnificent they looked. Even now, I can look upon them with a certain wonder of how they stand so proud upon The Rolling Plains, even though they are but anthills compared to the mountains in Northern New Mexico, where I lived for a short while. The world is a large place when you are a child but sometimes memories loom larger.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Fuzz!! I wandered in! This is a beautiful picture. Not what I imagined of Texas...don't know why.

Also wanted to let you know...you slightly resemble my Antidote. Probably why I like you so much. ;-)

8:43 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Texas is a diverse place Mimi. And it does seem that Texans are very proud to call it home no matter how far we may venture. Some would say too much.

I am soo pleased that you found your way here Curare. Any type of geography can be found somewhere in Texas. You name it we have it although it is a long way to Coastal Texas from where I live, It is nice to know that it is there. Glad you liked the pics and sorry to hear about the Antidote ;)

12:39 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Thank you Ranea. It certainly is in the Spring after a rain. But it can be quite desolute in the heat of a summers drought.

3:12 PM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Nice pics, dude. I felt the same way when I first saw the Peaks of Otter here in Virginia.

4:30 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I am so glad that you found your way here, Bruce. I have been through Virginia and it is certainly a lovely place.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Big D said...

Thought I'd make an apperance.

1:40 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Thanks for showing up, little bro. Maybe you would like to guest post some shots sometime.

Thanks, Siren. It is a short drive from the house. One that I like to take quite often.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home